J. Rieger & Company was founded in 1887 in Kansas City’s West Bottoms Livestock Exchange district. The brand offered over 100 alcoholic products and took pride in maintaining a quarter of a million unique customers by offering mail-order delivery services. In 1919, Prohibition was enacted by the federal government and wasn’t reversed until 1933. J. Rieger & Co. was a casualty at the time, but was not destined to be lost forever. Now, a century after Prohibition, we are proud once again to call Kansas City home.
J. Rieger & Co has two bars in its Distillery (1) The Monogram Lounge on the Second Floor or (2) The Hey! Hey! Club in the lower level. It also has an immense outdoor patio area with fire pits and ample seating.
DISTILLERY TOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
Tours at J. Rieger & Co. are $20 per adult.
• A short documentary film on the history of our distillery
• Access to the 15,000+ square foot production floor where we actively distill Monday-Friday
• A thorough explanation of the distillation process and how we use our four stills
• Access to the barrel rickhouse, where more than 3,000 barrels of Whiskey are stored for aging
• Your tour concludes with a spirits tasting of Premium Wheat Vodka, Midwestern Dry Gin, Kansas City Whiskey and Caffè Amaro, led by one of our knowledgeable guides.
- 8 Kansas City Venues & Restaurants Serving Turkey and All the Fixins - November 23, 2022
- This KC Neighborhood Bar Will Steal Your Heart - March 8, 2022
- 10 Beloved KC Restaurants Still Cooking 8-10 Decades Later - February 20, 2022