Is this your business?Claim it now.Make sure your information is up to date.
B.B.’s Lawnside Blues & BBQ was originally called the Silver Moon Tavern and Barbecue in the early ‘50s. The roadhouse was erected 150 feet from the curb to remain outside of the Kansas City limits.
Because BB’s Lawnside meat is smoked in a 60-year-old pit for hours like it is at B.B’s, the sauce becomes secondary. BBs family-style tables are draped in red-and-white checkered tablecloths. And there are a few high-tops sprinkled around the outer edge of the bar, but you better get there at least an hour or more before the music begins to park your butt anywhere near a chair.
B.B.’s Lawnside briskets are smoked for 14 to 16 hours and the ribs for 10 to 12 hours, both over hickory with indirect heat. You can get a full slab of ribs and two sides for under $25 or a B.B’s King Combo of ribs and sausage with pit bean and fries for less than $22.
In addition to ribs, sausage, and brisket, you can get a good jambalaya for $7.50 a bowl or gumbo for $8.25 a bowl. If you want to feel like a kid again, order a Bar-B-Q sundae for $9.75. Beans, coleslaw, and brisket come layered in a Mason jar, topped with a pickle spear.
If all the fries, salt, and sauce make you thirsty (and they hope it does), BBs Lawnside sells buckets of PBRs for five for the price of four and Louisiana beers (Abita Amber, Turbodog, Jockamo IPA, Blackened Voodoo, and Dixie Beer).
- Best Juke Joint (The Squire 1992)
- Best Place for Live Music (The Squire 2000)
- Top Companies (Kansas City Business Journal 2008)
- Featured in the New York Times and NBC’s Today Show in 2008
- Featured in “America’s Best BBQ” cookbook
- Featured on Food Network’s Diners, Drive Inns and Dives
- Travel Channel’s No Reservations
- #3 Best Nightlife (USA Today 10Best)
- Drinks in Kansas City: I’ll Have What She’s Having - August 4, 2021
- The Inside Scoop on Kansas City Restaurant Closings and Openings - July 26, 2021
- 8 Funky Places to Sip Coffee in Awe in Kansas City - July 20, 2021